Monday, October 13, 2008

DETOX!!

I've been away, off to Canada for a few days to visit my husband's family. I really do love visiting Toronto, even though we don't get there that often, and I have a few thoughts to share about our recent visit, related of course to the theme of this blog, on a later post since we didn't get much sleep this weekend. But I digress...

When you eat healthy most of the time, your body gets used to feeling a certain way. And when you go off that track, for purposes of visiting relatives outside of town who eat out in restaurants much of the time, you eat food that say, you wouldn't normally eat. Which was the last 4 days for us. It's amazing how fast your body takes a downhill spiral. My blood sugar is out of whack, I've had an ongoing headache, and not to give too much infomation, but, let's just say my pipes aren't working normally. And I've noticed the same is true for the rest of the family. Because truly, when you eat well, all those things don't happen.

So it will take a few days to get back to normal. And can I just say that eating pretty much whatever we felt like the last few days really wasn't that much fun! I missed our food! Despite eating some greasy food and some fried food and some sweet food loaded with all the things and more that I've written about are horrible for you, it didn't make me feel like I was missing much. Feeling like crap right now...yeah, not worth it!

So all of that is just to say, if you do try to make changes, you should feel differently, for the better. And when you go back to your old ways, you'll notice!

I need to detox!

No comments: