Sunday, November 2, 2008

I'm It

I was "tagged" the other day by another blogging friend.



This means I'm supposed to post 7 quirky things about myself and then tag someone else.



Hmmm, quirky. Well, I suppose I am quirky in some ways. We're all a little quirky when comparing ourselves to others. Since this is a blog on healthy eating and living, I'll try to relate the quirky things to that topic.



I need to think for a minute.



1. I love the smell of skunk. (OK, I know, nothing to do with the topic. But it's probably the quirkiest thing about me. And no, I wouldn't want to get sprayed by one, I just like the smell in the air. Must be the country girl in me).


2. I like to watch what people have in their shopping carts or on the checkout belt. Not to be judgemental or anything, it's just interesting to see what people buy. Sometimes I try to figure out what meals they might be having. That is, when I'm in line without my kids and am trying to avoid reading the annoying magazine headlines.


3. I never stop to eat fast food. Well, with the exception of when I was pregnant at the same time as my sister and she said she couldn't get enough of McDonald's sweet tea and had a fish sandwich that was amazing. So of course, I craved one too. And then I did get a lot of their sweet tea until my son was born. Maybe that's why he didn't sleep well for the first year? I can't believe I'm admitting that on a healthy eating blog...see, I am normal after all!


4. I love the way my freezer looks with all the meat lined up. We buy a 1/4 cow every year and a lot of chicken at once and use it throughout the year. I love the feeling of knowing it's there for the winter and just the way it looks when I open the door. I know, weird!!


5. I eat avocados with a spoon. I never thought this was strange until a lady I work with commented that she never saw anyone do that before. Yup, just twist, de-seed, and spoon away! And a little Celtic salt makes it all the better!

6. I get REALLY excited when I talk about health stuff with people...hence, the name of my blog. I know it's so boring to many but I love to hear about small changes people are making in their lives. I like to give them little cheers!

7. I have a pin on my bag for school that says, "I Geek Out on Organic Food." I made it when we were in Toronto visiting family. They had some neat stuff set up for kids downtown one afternoon and one of the crafts was to make a pin. Even though it was for kids, I thought it was fun to make one. The pins were pre-made with "I Geek Out on..." I filled in the "Organic Food" part of the button. I think I'm a little extra quirky for not throwing it away and wearing it with pride.

Wow, 7 already! I could put more but then I'd really be admitting some wild stuff so I'll just tag the next lucky blogger...Jaime, you're it!

4 comments:

Jaime said...

gee...thanks! i will have to think about my quirkiness.

organicnerd said...

That is kind of wierd about the skunk, at least your honest. When your driving by do you roll down your window to get a better wiff? Just wondering how quirky this really is!

Crumb Crust said...

These things are not quirky at all they are what make you unique, and I am glad that I am able to see them each day of my life. I am quite fond of the different laughs you have when you are interacting with our children.

hothoney said...

i used to eat bananas with a spoon. does that count as quirky? one of my food heroes is Andrew Zimmern from Bizarre Foods. He is certainly quirky. I've eaten quirky foods like bird's nest soup, shark's fin soup, abalone and coagulated blood... and i enjoyed them, well, not so much the blood.